Saturday 12 April 2014

Week 14

Learning Tasks for Monday, April 14 and Wednesday, April 16


Essential Question:  How can outlines improve my writing?

Objectives:  I can...
-construct a detailed paper outline.
-organize information using research note cards.

1. Outlining a Research Paper


From Mr. Ziebart:  "I want you to choose an outline format that best fits your writing style. Please keep in mind that this does not mean I will accept an outline that is vague and incomplete. I want to see evidence of research and organization. There should be a clear thesis, relevant source material with 'discussion' points, and a working conclusion."

Here is a link to some examples of good outlines:  http://www.austincc.edu/tmthomas/sample%20outline%201.htm

Here's another option for my visual learners!:

Learning Tasks for Thursday, April 10

Essential Question:  How can writing and revising a rough draft improve my writing?

Objectives:  I can...
-create a draft of an extended research paper.
-develop a clear thesis statement that defines my stance on my research topic.

1.  Drafting
Using your essay outline and note cards, start developing your rough draft.  As we've discussed throughout the semester, there isn't a right or wrong way to draft... just get those ideas on paper!!!! We'll refine them later, so no worries. :)

Your rough draft is due by next Friday.  After that, Mr. Ziebart and I will provide you feedback so that you can touch up your writing before submitting your final draft on Monday, May 5.


Happy Spring Break 2.0!


No comments:

Post a Comment